H&M Pink Ruffle Tank (similar)
Forever 21 Black and White Striped Skirt (similar)
Charlotte Russe Black Flats (similar)
Anthropologie Swirling Drops Earrings (similar)
The Limited Black Skinny Belt (similar)
- Ombre glitter nails are my new favorite thing (and so easy to DIY!):
(I did mine fairly subtly since I work in an office and I guess I'm supposed to be an adult (?).)
- I'm on day 8 of The Shred and while I might not LOOK different, I definitely feel different. 8 days ago I couldn't do more than two push ups - now I can 15 or so!
- two of my really good friends from college got engaged last week, and they had an engagement party last night. It was so fun, and I'm so happy for them! BUT I also feel bad for the bride because they're moving to Fort Worth, Texas in a few weeks for work so she basically has to plan the whole wedding now. Eek!
- on the way back from the party J and I stopped at a Dunkin' Donuts! Now, this might not seem that exciting, but there are TWO DD in St. Louis, and one's in the airport, so it was really exciting for me. I haven't had DD in.....forever?
- We also stopped at a Walgreens (we have those everywhere, don't worry), where my car decided to die. at 8:30pm. On a Sunday. In a not-so-nice part of town. Awesome. After a less-than-helpful call to my mom (she suggested calling our insurance agent. Ha!), we decided there wasn't anything we could do at the time and called one of my coworkers who lived nearby for a ride. We then gave a ring to Jeremey's dad who is a mechanic, and went back this morning to try some new options. Thankfully my car died on a block that also had two auto mechanics and an O'Rielly Auto Parts store, so $70, a little bit of sweat, and a little bit of dit later, I have a new battery and my car (knock on wood) is working better than before (seriously - some of my gauges and my radio wasn't working properly - now it's all fine!)!
- This weather can go suck it (upper 90s-100s all this week!)
- I feel like the only person in the world who hasn't seen Harry Potter yet! It's on my list, I just haven't had time! (or anyone to go with...so I've gotta get brave enough to go to a movie by myself!)
- Some sorority sisters and I went out on Saturday and at one bar this group of 40-ish year old guys were hitting on us (in a nice way...it wasn't too creepy). Anyway, they ALL looked like celebrities. It was crazy - there was a George Clooney doppleganger, a Ben Affleck doppleganger (he was a bit of a stretch), and a Steven Baldwin/John Travolta doppleganger. It was the strangest thing!
- It drives me crazy when other bloggers mention something like "reader Lucy said I should...." if Lucy has a blog. If Lucy has a blog, then say "blogger Lucy said I should....", and LINK! The blogging/social media community is all about connections, so if someone is worth mentioning on your blog, give them the courtesy of a link (which takes about two seconds to do!). (Now, I might not be perfect in this and might miss someone every once in a while, but there are some bloggers who do this on the regular and it drives me crazy. And no, it didn't happen to me. But I care about my fellow bloggers as much as I care about myself!)
- I got a letter from my federal student loan provider telling me my interest rate went down (!) (yay!). I called to ask what my new payments are....it's $.24 less. Not 24 dollars. 24 cents. So, basically beers are on me.