Aerie (American Eagle) Cranberry Dress (Nightgown?) (buy it here on sale)
Target Brown Cardi (similar here)
Banana Republic Yellow/Gold/Maize? Belt (similar here)
Steve Madden Gold Flats (similar here)
Forever 21 Big 'Ole Bling (get a similar look with this)
Anyway, today's FF topic was just to list 10 random things about yourself. Since I'm a pretty weird person and I'm pretty obsessed with myself, I loved the idea. So here we go (PS, for more weird things about me, go here!):
1) I despise leftovers. I don't eat anything left over, unless it's my dad's soup or chili. The thought of eating Chinese food leftovers makes me want to gag. (PS, I just gagged).
2) I was never an officer in my sorority, but everyone always thought I was. I just did a lot, knew a lot of people, and had a lot of power (haha, my friend Sam told me I was the puppeteer). I honestly think it's a good thing I wasn't an officer because I probably would have failed out of college and made more enemies than friends. I let power go to my head.
3) One of my housemates my senior year of college packed up and moved out during a football game without telling our other housemate or myself. Freaking weird. And she took all the dishes that my dead grandma had given me! How rude!
4) I used to buy all shoes in a size 8, then, when I was 21, I went to Dillards and the shoe guy told me I was definitely not an 8, so he measured my foot. I'm a size 6.5.
5) The first time I was out of the country I was 2, but the first time I flew in a plane I was 16. The flight was from St. Louis, Missouri, to Kansas City, Missouri, and was only supposed to take 25 minutes. I was by myself, without a phone, and was meeting strangers in KC, and our flight ended up being delayed due to a storm for 7 hours. It takes about 4 hours to drive from St. Louis to Kansas City.
6) Nothing terrifies me more than dead bugs. I can handle crawling spiders and roaches no problem, but when they are dead? Whoo, buddy, no thank you! For that reason, I never smush bugs (except mosquitoes).
7) Okay, this is really gross, but when I was 18 (right before I moved to Columbia) I had this weird rash on my stomach. My mom took me to my doctor, who said it was probably an allergic reaction to metal (it was right where the waist on my jeans was) and gave me a prescription cortisone cream. It got bigger and worse, so we went to a dermatologist. He took a sample of it, and it turned out it was a bovine-specific form of ring worm. I had COW ring worm. Seriously. I still have some faint discoloration on my stomach from it. We figured I must have got it during the county fair that summer (I was in the fair queen court).
8) I am allergic to most frozen citrus drinks. This rules out frozen margaritas and a lot of smoothies. I'm fine with citrus, I'm fine with non-frozen margaritas, but something about the freezing process (or an additive used to aid in the freezing) makes my throat and tongue swell.
9) When we first met, my boyfriend told me that it was a good thing I'm from a small town because otherwise I would be a big b*tch. Ahh, young love.
10) I'm generally not a picky eater - sure there are things I'm not a fan of (like mushrooms or peppers) but I'll pick around them. However, I think Indian food is disgusting. I don't get how so many people like it! I mean, if you are Indian and grew up with it, that makes sense - but if you're just a random person who tries it....I don't get it! And it's so trendy and normally I LOVE trendy stuff!
And on an almost completely unrelated note, I'm wearing full-on thick tights today. I couldn't find a half slip so I figured I would just deal with any static I may or may not get. It's 8:20 and I'm hating my decision already. Seriously, how do people wear tights without slips and live to tell about it? Ahhh!